Hire Talent from Georgetown Startup Interns
Do you need entrepreneurial-minded interns?
Your company has exclusive access to talented, well-trained Georgetown Startup Interns (GSI) for fall, spring, and summer internships!
GSI creates a marketplace for startups, growth-stage companies, and international social enterprises to recruit entrepreneurial-minded undergrad and grad student interns. Most GSI companies continue to hire new student interns each semester and/or keep their interns on the team beyond the first semester. You can register and add your internship postings on Handshake today!
Students enroll in a unique 3-credit course to learn foundational professional skills via asynchronous online skills workshops, leadership coaching, and bi-weekly reflection papers. The Startup Internship Seminar course is now offered for undergrad and grad students during the fall, spring, and summer semesters at Georgetown.
3 Steps for Companies
Step 1: If this is your first time hiring Georgetown Startup Interns, you need to register your company.
Step 2: Post your internships on Handshake by following the instructions below. You can leverage these HR position description templates.
Step 3: Register your internship posting with GSI, so it is immediately published on our website for students to begin applying.
Company Instructions to Add Your Internship Posting
- Posting on Handshake is easy with these instructions
- You can watch this 5-minute GSI How to Post a Job on Handshake Loom video
- You can read this Scribe on How to Post a Job on Handshake
- You can login or create a Handshake account here
- Each Handshake posting must begin with: ***This internship is affiliated with Georgetown Startup Interns. Learn more at eship.georgetown.edu/GSI***
- You are strongly encouraged to offer some sort of compensation (hourly, stipend, salary, etc.) to be competitive with the other internship options
- You can post as many internship postings as you need
- Email Patrick Denenea <email@example.com> when your posting is finalized to approve it on the back-end and for any Handshake tech support questions
- Register Your Internship Posting for GSI to immediately publish your Handshake posting link on our website
- Students can discover your internship posting on Handshake, on our website at eship.georgetown.edu/apply-to-gsi, and via targeted emails we send to students seeking internships
- You are responsible for reviewing candidates who apply in Handshake, scheduling interviews, and deciding who to send offer letters to before the deadline
- You need to finalize your hiring decisions by 8/24/22 (Fall), 1/13/23 (Spring), or 5/20/23 (Summer) and tell us who you decide to hire
- Interns are expected to work approximately 8-12 hours/week during the semester and full-time during the summer
Email Mike Malloy <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Aveline Argo <email@example.com>, Karima Ladhani <firstname.lastname@example.org> with any questions. To recruit more students, make sure you register your internship postings.