How to Apply
Apply via Internship Posting Links
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Georgetown Startup Internship Seminar! You can see a list of internships to apply at startups, growth-stage companies, and international social enterprises here. Access to exclusive, virtual opportunities at international social enterprises are new this year. Please click each Internship Posting Link to apply before the deadline.
This list will be updated with new internships when they are posted on Handshake. Check back often to ensure you don’t miss out on your dream internship!
There is a “Bring Your Own Internship” option to enroll in UNXD290 or UNXD590. If you find your own startup, growth-stage company, or international social enterprise internship and want to enroll in the course, please email Prof Mike Malloy <firstname.lastname@example.org> with details about the internship for approval. Historically, there are a few students who secured their own internships and then enrolled in the Startup Internship Seminar course.
10-Minute GSI Info Session
Please watch the info session video to learn more about the program. You can also review the Startup Internship Seminar Info Session slides.
- May 10: Final set of internship postings available to apply on Handshake
- May 20: Initial deadline to finalize your internship and enroll in UNXD290 or UNXD590
- May 23: First day of summer semester
- May 26: Final deadline to finalize your internship and enroll in UNXD290 or UNXD590
- June 1: Last day to drop a course
- August 12: End of summer semester
Applying to GSI is easy!
- All students can log in to Georgetown’s Handshake portal with their NetID
- If you have not already done so, create a Handshake profile
- Review the internship postings above to find GSI internship postings on Handshake
- Use the Handshake portal to apply to as many of the internship positions as you want
- Schedule interviews with each company
- Get an offer letter for your internship
- Email Mike Malloy <email@example.com>, Karima Ladhani <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Isabella Castellanos Velasco <email@example.com> with your internship details to receive approval to register for UNXD290 or UNXD590
Student Eligibility and Requirements
- Students may apply to as many GSI-affiliated positions as you’d like.
- Companies are required to make hiring decisions without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
- Each position may have a different application process depending on the company.
- Georgetown’s Startup Internship Seminar is open to undergraduate students (UNXD290) in any degree-seeking program with any major and graduate students (UNXD590) in almost any degree-seeking program across the university because every student can benefit from startup internship experience.
- Upon accepting an internship offer with a company that has the GSI label in Handshake, students are required to participate in and complete the GSI skills workshops. Failure to complete the workshops may warrant ejection from the program, and you will forfeit your Georgetown Startup Intern certification.
- This is a semester-long program. Students who are enrolled in the course must meet all academic requirements and deadlines to earn course credit and their Startup Intern Certification. While students who are not enrolled in the course may complete the online skills workshops at their own pace, they must complete it by the end of the semester in order to receive their Startup Intern Certification.
- Internships may also elapse by the end of the semester, but students and companies are free to negotiate an extension of the internship term outside the aegis of GSI.
- Georgetown Startup Interns is CPT-eligible! If you are a non-citizen, you must enroll in the Startup Internship Seminar course in order to participate in Georgetown Startup Interns.