How to Apply to GSI
Apply via Internship Posting Links
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Georgetown Startup Internship Seminar! You can see a list of internships to apply at startups and growth-stage companies here. Please click each Internship Posting Link to apply before the deadline.
This list will be updated with new internships when they are posted on Handshake. Check back often to ensure you don’t miss out on your dream internship!
You can find additional startup internships at:
Because there is a “Bring Your Own Internship” option to enroll in UNXD 290/590 Startup Internship Seminar.
If you find your own internship at a startup or growth-stage company (1-499 employees) and want to enroll in the course, please email Prof Mike Malloy <email@example.com> with details about the internship for approval. There are a few students each semester who bring their own internships and then enroll in the Startup Internship Seminar.
10-Minute GSI Info Session
Please watch the info session video to learn more about the program. You can also review the Startup Internship Seminar Info Session slides.
- Today: You can enroll in summer classes on MyAccess and add UNXD 290/590 to your schedule*
- February 6 – May 19: Ongoing applications on Handshake and interviews to secure summer internships
- May 19: Deadline to finalize your internship with GSI and enroll in UNXD 290/590
- May 22: First day of the summer semester and internships
- May 31: Last day to add/drop UNXD 290/590
- August 11: Last day of the summer semester and internships
- Today: You can enroll in fall classes on MyAccess and add UNXD 290/590 to your schedule*
- February 6 – August 23: Ongoing applications on Handshake and interviews to secure fall internships
- August 23: Deadline to finalize your internship with GSI and enroll in UNXD 290/590
- August 23: First day of the fall semester
- September 1: Last day to add/drop UNXD 290/590
- September 1 – October 14: Ongoing applications on Handshake and interviews to secure fall internships for Mod B term
- October 14: Deadline to finalize your internship with GSI and enroll in UNXD 290/590 for fall Mod B term
- October 14: First day of the fall Mod B term
- October 18: Last day to add/drop UNXD 290/590 for fall Mod B term
- December 5: Last day of the fall semester
Applying to GSI is easy!
- All students can log in to Georgetown’s Handshake portal with their NetID
- If you have not already done so, create a Handshake profile
- Review the internship postings above to find GSI internship postings on Handshake
- Use the Handshake portal to apply to as many of the internship positions as you want
- Schedule interviews with each company
- Get an offer letter for your internship
- Email Mike Malloy <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cristina Benitez <email@example.com> with your internship details to receive approval to register for UNXD290 or UNXD590
Student Eligibility and Requirements
- Georgetown’s Startup Internship Seminar is open to sophomore, junior, and senior undergraduate students (UNXD 290) in any degree-seeking program with any major and graduate students (UNXD 590) in almost any degree-seeking program across the university because every student can benefit from startup internship experience.
- Freshman are not eligible to enroll in UNXD 290 until the summer before sophomore year.
- Students may apply to as many GSI internships as they wish, and we recommend only committing to one internship during the semester.
- Upon accepting an internship offer with a company that has the GSI label in Handshake, students are required to participate in and complete the GSI skills workshops. Failure to complete the workshops may warrant ejection from the program, and you will forfeit your Georgetown Startup Intern certification.
- This is a semester-long program. Students who are enrolled in the course must meet all academic requirements and deadlines to earn course credit and their Startup Intern Certification.
- Internships typically finish at the end of the semester, but students and companies are free to negotiate an extension to continue working together.
- Companies are required to make hiring decisions without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
- UNXD 290/590 Startup Internship Seminars are CPT-eligible for international students who want to gain real world work experience and earn 3-credits towards their degree