How to Apply
- Thursday, November 19 @ 5:00pm EST: Information Session #1
- Tuesday, November 24 @ 8:00pm EST: Information Session #2
- Monday, November 30 @5:00pm EST: Information Session #3
- Wednesday, December 2 @5:00pm EST: Information Session #4
- December 7: Internships open for GSI applicants on Handshake.
- January 4: Final decisions for GSI acceptances announced.
- January 18: Canvas page for GSI Skills Workshops goes live.
Applying to GSI is Easy!
- Log on to Georgetown University’s Handshake portal. All students may log in with their NetID.
- If you have not already done so, create a Handshake profile.
- On the home page, click on “Jobs.”
- In the search bar at the top, select the “All Filters” and scroll to the bottom.
- In the label field, type in “GSI” and search in order to view the internships associated with the program.
- Use the portal to apply to as many of the internship positions as you’d like.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Students may apply to as many GSI-affiliated positions as you’d like.
- Companies are required to make hiring decisions without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
- Each position may have a different application process depending on the company.
- Georgetown Startup Interns is open to undergraduate students across the university in any full-time degree-seeking program with any major because every student can benefit from startup internship experience.
- Students must either be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or otherwise legally allowed to work in the United States. International students need to apply for Pre-Completion OPT (Optional Practical Training) or F-1 CPT (Curricular Practical Training) as these are off-campus internship experiences. Visit Georgetown International Student and Scholar Services to learn more.
- Upon accepting an internship offer with a company that has the GSI label in Handshake, students are required to participate in and complete the GSI skills workshops. Failure to complete the workshops may warrant ejection from the program, and you will forfeit your Georgetown Startup Intern certification.
- This is a semester-long program. While students may complete the online skills workshops at their own pace, they must complete it by the end of the semester in order to receive their Startup Intern Certification.
- Internships may also elapse by the end of the semester, but students and companies are free to negotiate an extension of the internship term outside the aegis of GSI.