JOIN THE ALUMNI ENTREPRENEURSHIP Movement!
There are many ways for Alumni to get involved with the Georgetown University Entrepreneurship community. Bringing together the many different groups (more info below) is the responsibility of the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Alliance. The Alliance is alumni-led and academically integrated with the entire University – all schools, all programs. The goal of the Alliance is to create an international footprint for catalyzing entrepreneurship at GU. Alliance objectives include:
- Serve as aggregator and catalyst for entrepreneurship and innovation
- Opportunity to collaborate across the University and amongst alumni groups
- Leverage best practice & enhance academic and experiential learning
- Ignite new business opportunities through related programs and activities
- Leverage Jesuit identity to secure a niche in the area of social entrepreneurship
- Engage alumni to increase and expand existing entrepreneurial programming at the University
- Expand networking opportunities and career support for alumni
In order to accomplish this important work the Alliance will be engaged in a variety of activities. A sampling includes online connectivity via Facebook and Twitter; recruiting alumni mentors and guest speakers; co-sponsor symposiums, conferences, publications; help create and distribute GU research & case studies; promote tech transfer opportunities for students, staff and faculty; cultivate an investment community to support GU entrepreneurs; support related internship and fellowship programs; and much more.
If you are interested in being a part of or supporting the Alliance, please join us or one of the many geographically or professionally focused groups below.
General news and event information can be found through the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Alliance on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter (@hoyapreneurs or #StartupHoyas)! Also, subscribe to the Hoyapreneur e-newsletter for campus and alumni news. Get the latest updates on what Hoyapreneurs are doing around the country!
New York Hoyas in the VC and start up space should join Venturing Hoyas for great events and networking opportunities.
Tech focused Hoyas should join the Georgetown Tech Alliance for great events primarily based in the San Francisco area.
Media and Entertainment Hoyas interested in entrepreneurship should join the Georgetown Entertainment & Media Alliance. GEMA has a strong presence in Washington DC, New York and Los Angeles and has been throwing many events around startup and venture.
Find more alumni resources at alumni.georgetown.edu